I think it’s time for my annual enjoy-the-holidays blog hiatus. It’s been hard as of late to get a post written, and it only gets harder as Christmas nears. Plus, I like to narrow my focus this time of year – to family, our holiday traditions, what the heck we’re celebrating. So I’ll catch you all after the new year.
Before I go, here’s my wish list in case anyone wants to send a blogger-appreciation gift:
- world peace
- a utility sink in my laundry room
- new black boots
- a winter free of sewer back-ups, frozen pipes and kitchen flooding
- the new Laurie R. King book (but it doesn’t come out until Februrary, so unless you have an in with her publisher…)
- slippers/ better circulation in my toes
- an ability to eat whatever I want and have no negative health or waistline effects
- dark chocolate
- a day to paint and write and read and go on a date with my husband (or three)
- tickets to the One Direction concert in July (yes, I would take my kids, and yes, I would unashamedly enjoy it)
Merry Christmas, friends. Enjoy the sweetness of these days. I’ll do the same.
“For God so loved the world…”